Happy Anniversary Blog!

March 26, 2012

Aside from Facebook Abstinence

Hello! Where do I even start? I'm deathly afraid of "Palaspas".
Nics, a womanizer friend of mine 'fesses that yearly he does flogging where he methodically whips his so called sexy back as a way of punishing oneself. In Sparta, (back in the days) young men were flogged as a test of their masculinity.

I don't really know about Nics and his self-imposed corporal punishment or should I say exile but a lot of men I also knew doing this do so for the purpose of undoing some of their humanly unacceptable 'tudes or behavior, perhaps as divine retribution for some of their uncalled for douchi-ness, (what do you girls think?;p) sadly, these sorry men somehow ends up reverting back and forgetting about its very sense pretty quickly right after lent passes by. So again, what's the sense?? As for me I treated it no differently than just another New Year's resolution, where I frame my desires for the upcoming year for due changes. Just that I do set the the tone by theme-inizing like say, Forward, Bigger, Lesser, Stronger, with an overlying intention to apply to all I do, have you tried that? What about Travel, Possibility, Fitness, Sweet-less or Worry-free or whatever you have in mind but if it seems rather ominous to have a year long tone why not do it monthly or weekly plus that would allow you to accomplish more. Ooh, I think this calls for another post.




But let's go back to lent. What about you, got any particular whip or fave OB-belt you use for self -flagellation? Other than fasting, meatless Fridays and FB abstinence, what else are you giving up for lent?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...